Sometimes the planets in the blogiverse align and provide a number of opportunities for you to win lots of good stuff. Right now is one of those times!
As I pointed out a few weeks ago, running free contests can be a great way to drive traffic to your blog. That’s why personal finance bloggers regularly offer free stuff for little more than commenting on a blog, liking on facebook, tweeting and RSS subscriptions. While I have yet to win one of these contests, I’m confident that my luck will soon change, because right now there are bunch of contests running at the same time.
Life and My Finances
Life and My Finances is turning one year old and celebrating its blogiversary by giving away a plethora of excellent prizes. The top prize being an iPad 2. Here’s a list of the other 9 items offered:
2) Win a $100 Gift Card to Restaurant.com and a copy of “The Millionaire Next Door” – this prize is sponsored by DollarVersity, A distinctive voice standing out from the crowd.
3) Win a $100 Gift Card to Amazon.com – this prize is sponsored by Everything Finance.
4) Win a $50 Gift Card to Restaurant.com and a copy of “The Millionaire Next Door” (2 lucky winners will get this prize) – once again, this prize is sponsored by DollarVersity, A distinctive voice standing out from the crowd.
5) Win an iPod Shuffle – this prize is sponsored by Miss T at The Prairie Eco Thrifter – Go Green, Save Money, Have Fun.
6) Win $25 Cash via Paypal – this prize is sponsored by Maximizing Money – Stretching Your Money to Its Maximum Potential!
7) Win a $25 Amazon Gift Card – this prize is sponsored by Justin from Money is the Root …of All Things Good.
8 ) Win a $20 Amazon Gift Card – this prize is sponsored by the Frugal Zeitgeist.
9) Win a $20 Amazon Gift Card – this prize is sponsored by Bucksome Boomer – money and life on the way to retirement.
10) Win a $15 Gift Card to Amazon.com – this prize is sponsored by My Personal Finance Journey – Personal Finance, Intelligent Investing, And Frugal Living Tips – Learning For Life.
How to Enter:
- Subscribe to my site (worth 2 entries in the drawing) – enter your email infomation in the right sidebar and hit the button, “subscriber”. This will cost you nothing, you’ll get my free eBook, “101 Ways to Make More Money”, and you’ll be entered to win all of the sweet prizes above! If you already subscribe, don’t worry, I’m giving you these 2 points as well!
- Recommend Another Subscriber (5 entries) – if you recommend another subscriber (email me their email address to prove that they’ve subscribed – derek[at]lifeandmyfinances.com), you’ll earn yourself 5 entries in the drawing.
- “Like” this post above (1 entry – please tell me that you “liked” my site in the comments below so I can give you your entry points) – This is super easy. Hit the “Like” button above and earn yourself 1 entry in the drawing.
- Tweet this post above (1 entry) – This is easy too. Just hit the “Tweet” button above and you’ll earn yourself an entry into the drawing.
- Mention this giveaway on your site (5 entries) – if you own a website, simply mention this giveaway and earn 5 entries!
This promotion will last until September 30, 2011. At that point, all of the entries will be placed in a spreadsheet and will be assigned a number. The winners will be selected one at a time by utilizing random.org.
I will announce the winners as well as the prizes they have won on Friday, October 2, 2011.
Money is the Root
Love to shop at Amazon? How about a $50 gift card to commemorate Money is the Root’s 100th blog post? At most all you need to do is comment. However, you can follow Money is the Root on various social media mediums for extra entries.
How to Enter:
You must comment on a non-giveaway post within the site, and then copy and paste that very same comment in the section below this giveaway post. You will receive 1 entry for your comment, and you can repeat this task 1 time per day. The giveaway will run for 18 days (because I just feel like it), so that will leave you with 18 possible entries should you choose to comment each day.
In addition to the mandatory entries, there are ways to receive additional entries within the giveaway drawing, they are as follows:
The contest runs until September 19th. Please click here for entry and other information.
So Over Debt
I didn’t win So Over Debt’s last contest for a $25 gift card, but perhaps two times is a charm? This time Andrea of So Over Debt is offering a free 8×10 canvas photo. The only requirement for entry is to post a comment about what photo you plan on using.
- You must reside in one of the 48 contiguous US states to enter. (Sorry, Canada, Hawaii, and Alaska! I’ll get you next time, I promise!)
- I will verify your entries. If you falsify any of them, you will be disqualified.
- The contest will end on Saturday, September 10th at midnight. The winner will have 24 hours to respond to my email before I move on to someone else.
After your initial entry comment, you can also enter by facebook and twitter. I think an 8×10 canvas photo of my two favorite tax deductions would look great in the dinning room. Please click here for entry and more details.
Faith and Finance
Faith and Finance is turning one year and what personal finance blogiversary is complete without giving away an Apple product? This time, the contest is for an Apple TV.
How to Enter:
Write on our Facebook wall. Say something like “I’m entered”, or simply ‘like’ an article from this week.
Tweet this: @FaithFinance is giving away an Apple TV! RT to enter and click for more ways to win: http://www.faithandfinance.org/2011/09/apple-tv-giveaway/
Be sure to follow @FaithFinance to find out if you’re the winner!
Subscribe to receive daily articles via email and get 5 entries to the giveaway! (Current email subscribers will already be entered)
By Linking on Your Blog
Mention this giveaway or any of our articles from this past year in your blog and let us know in the comments.
The contest runs until September 15th. Click here for entry and more details.
Hopefully, you find winning free stuff worth the menial effort of posting a comment on a blog. If you do, take a few moments to look these blogs over, they are some of he best personal finance blogs on the internet. If you should enter and win, don’t forget the person who told you about it!